Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Save Our Socks!!

Welcome!

I am hosting a new blog for a new charity to take handknit socks that have holes in them, darn them, and then send them on to a new charity. If you have any handknit socks lying around that you don't think you can fix up, don't want to fix up, or just plain have given up on, send them to me! I'll take them, evaluate how to best recycle them (either by unravelling so we can have knitters make it into new socks or by darning and washing them), and send them on to a new home.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at riverwalkyarns AT blogspot DOT com. I'll send you my address and answer any questions you might have.

I will be contacting local, national, and international charities to see who would take them, but my top picks right now are Afghans for Afghans, the Sioux Nation Reservation in South Dakota, and maybe even the Dulaan Project. Trust me, I'll make sure they look nice and still have lots of wear in them. Handknit socks shouldn't go into the garbage!

Save our socks!

3 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

I knew you were a wonderful lady.....

Love and hugs!

Carina said...

Send me socks! *grin*

Holly Bee said...

good work! I will go find some sick socks for you to save right now. I love the SOS by the way...clever :)