Friday, June 8, 2007

The first pair of socks is in the mail!

A very generous knitter is sending the first pair of socks (ones that were accidentally felted and should fit a child for boot socks), and it should be here next week! How exciting!

The other thing is that there has been a request to send items to the Cheyenne River Rez. I think that's a great idea! I've been on the Navajo (Dine) Nation Reservation and Hopi Mesas, and trust me when I say it's like a third world nation in some parts of the rez. Disgusting and sad.

I'll be looking for groups/contacts for the Hopi as well. Any ideas on where to send warm woolies, please post them in the comments. Thanks!

Again, my e-mail for contact info is riverwalkyarns AT comcast DOT net. Please search through your stash for any socks that need new homes.

1 comment:

Dk's Wife said...

No doubt about the reservations being sad and pathetic and unfortunately, most of the problems are brought upon the residents. That does not negate the fact that those people need lots of help, both financial, emotional and spiritual. You are doing a good thing Carina, and it makes me smile. If I run upon handmade socks, they will most certainly be sent to you. How do you feel about store bought socks? I see so many of those at yard sales. Let me know.